Monday 12 January 2009

Cook With Dad

I spent most of the Christmas holidays cooking for my family; my wife, son, daughter and husband, sister and her family plus a significant contribution to a New Year's Eve Party that I couldn't attend in the end. It was during this marathon that I decided to put together a recipe book of my favourite or most requested dishes - Cook with Dad! My daughter helped with setting up the blog and I bought a domain name (www.cookwithdad.co.uk) that I hope to start developing with some help, because this idea is going to take off in 2009 - I hope!

I have a book case full of recipe books and cookery courses that I use regularly for inspiration, but seldom follow exactly: I never have the time, ingredients or inclination! In addition my wife is lactose intolerant and suffers from mild IBS, so I am always having to adapt the recipes. What I propose therefore is to take some of these great recipes and show how I have changed them to fit the circumstances.

The first thing I did was to list over 100 dishes that I cook or want to learn to cook. I started with four conventional categories: starters & soups, snacks/light bites, lunch and dinner. I then thought about grouping dishes into meals: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, supper. I haven't decided yet which way to go but will do by the time I get the publishing contract!

So, the idea behind the blog is to post tips and hints on dairy-free cooking, new recipes and menus, and also a discussion on seasonal shopping in local shops and super markets. I hope you all enjoy the content as it develops and please give me feedback as appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. I think the Spanish Chicken and the Welsh Rarebit were particular triumphs...

    ReplyDelete